Catholic Women’s League of Victoria and Wagga Wagga Inc. and Anima Women’s Network present a course by Anima Education
“Mary in the Bible”
A Weekend Seminar in Ballarat (23-25 September 2016)
The Catholic faith has many well-developed traditions and doctrines about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Where did these come from? Protestants and Catholics alike are often surprised to learn that everything we teach about Mary comes from the Bible. In this course you will meet Mary in the source-book of Divine revelation, the Holy Scriptures. You will meet the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Apostles and Evangelists knew her and through God’s Word your devotion to Mary will be deepened.
- Mary’s genealogy and birth
- Annunciation and Visitation
- The Stories of Jesus’ Birth and childhood
- Mary in the Ministry of Jesus
- Mary in the Passion of Jesus
- Mary at the Resurrection of Jesus and at Pentecost
- Mary in the Letters of Paul and the Book of Revelation
- Mary in the Old Testament and the Church Fathers
Venue: Nazareth House, Mill Street, Ballarat
When: Friday 23 to Sunday 25 September beginning Friday at 7:30pm and ending on Sunday at 4pm.
Cost: $95 payable in advance. Morning and afternoon teas provided. Lunch $10 extra per person, per day.
RSVP and Enquiries: Maureen van der Linden
Ph 0431 273 953 Email: email@example.com
Lecturer David Schütz BTheol BArts GradDipMin GradDipLIM
- Adult Faith Education Officer for Anima Women’s Network since 2007
- Executive Officer of the Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne since 2002
- Before becoming a Catholic in 2001, David was an ordained minister of the Lutheran Church.
Nb. If you would like to arrange a weekend seminar in your parish, either over the whole weekend or just on Saturday, please contact David on 0400 978 938 or firstname.lastname@example.org